New permit fees go into effect on July 1, 2017. Click here for a printable copy.
The mission of the Department of Building Safety is to administer the Town's building codes, health ordinances and zoning regulations in a professional manner, with a positive attitude providing customer service to applicants seeking permits, inspections, and information; and assistance to other departments, boards and commissions.
Areas of service
- Issuance of permits for building construction and miscellaneous work
- Inspections for construction and miscellaneous work for compliance with building, zoning and site plan regulations
- Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Compliance
- Investigations for building, zoning and site complaints with enforcement actions as required
- Maintain records for building and property activity
- Provide assistance and property inquiries
All inspections require a minimum of 24 hours notice and final C/O inspections require 48 hours notice.
Building construction inspections are done between the hours of 9:00AM to 12:00PM and 1:00PM to 3:00PM daily.
Electrical inspections are done on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00AM and 12:00PM.
Building permit applications are available from the front desk in the Community Development Office or on the FORMS tab under Document Library of the website. In addition to a completed application for each project there may be additional specific requirements needed to process permit applications.