The 30th Column and the Milford Granite Industry
PETER BURNS AND THE MILFORD GRANITE INDUSTRY
After Millford's incorporation in 1794 it had been known that there were vast ledges or quarries of siliceous rock such as granite within the town. The exact date is not known of when granite was first quarried in Millford but it was sometime around 1810 to as late as 1833 when the first set of steps 16 feet x 5 feet x 7 inches was hauled by ox cart some fifteen miles to Nashua and according to the Granite Town History was probably intended for use at a church.
How was the Budget Committee formed?
The Budget Advisory Committee was formed as a result of a warrant article passed on March 5, 1974. The wording of the article is as follows:
Meeting minutes for the Granite Town Media Advisory Committee meeting of May 20, 2010
Elected Trustees are:
|Joan Dargie||Term Expires 2018|
|Tina Philbrick||Term Expires 2017|
|Janet Spaulding||Term Expires 2016|
The Milford Heritage Commission is a land use Board that is governed by NH Rev Statutes Title LXIV Planning and Zoning Chapter 673. This Commission is advisory in nature, whose role is to assist this community in its efforts to preserve and recognize the Heritage
of Place, People, and Events. We speak for the Historical Conscience of this Community.