Effective October 1, 2011 all permits for gas piping must be pulled at the Milford Fire Department. In addition the following procedural changes will also take effect:
Property owners can expect to receive their notice of assessed value for the 2011 Revaluation in early August. Letters are expected to be mailed on or around August 8, 2011. Along with the notice we will include instructions for the Informal Hearings in case you have concerns or disagree with your value and would like to discuss it with a representative.
The Hearings will be held in the Town Hall Auditorium, 3rd Floor, by appointment only.
Any resident of Milford who may be eligible for an exemption or tax credit for the first time must file a permanent application with the Assessing Department.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ELDERLY EXEMPTIONS (RSA 72:39-a +72:39b)
Filing Deadline April 15
Applicants must re-qualify YEARLY for the Elderly Exemption
Tax Deferral for Elderly and Disabled (RSA 72:38a)
Filing Deadline MARCH 1
Solar Energy Systems Exemption (RSA 72:62)
Filing Deadline APRIL 15
- Exemption amount: Equal to the added assessed value of the "solar energy heating or cooling system".
- Must have a "solar energy system" to heat or cool the interior of a building or to heat water for use in a building and which includes one or more collectors and a storage container. "Solar energy system" also means a system which provides electricity for a building by the use of photovoltaic panels.
Residential in Industrial or Commercial Zone (RSA 75:11)
Filing Deadline APRIL 15
- Must be owner occupied single family residence, used for no other purpose.
This exemption is for single family homes located within a commercial or industrial zone. The exemption allows for the homeowner to apply to the Town for a special appraisal of the residence for that year, based upon its value at its current use as a residence.
Exemption for Improvements to Assist Disabled Persons (RSA 72.37a)
Filing Deadline April 15th
Blind Exemption (RSA 72:37)
Filing deadline APRIL 15
- Exemption amount: $15,000 off the assessed value.
- Must be legally blind as determined by the Blind Services Department of the Vocational Rehabilitation Division of the Education Department.
- Must own and occupy the residence.
DHHS Reminds People to Take Precautions During Extremely Hot Weather Concord, NH – With the high temperatures expected in the State over the next three days, the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) reminds people to take precautions to avoid heat-related illnesses, such as heat cramps, heat stroke, and heat exhaustion.