Building Safety Department
The mission of the Department of Building Safety is to administer the Town's building codes, health ordinances and zoning regulations in a professional manner, with a positive attitude providing customer service to applicants seeking permits, inspections, and information; and assistance to other departments, boards and commissions.
Areas of service
- Issuance of permits for building construction and miscellaneous work
- Inspections for construction and miscellaneous work for compliance with building, zoning and site plan regulations
- Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Compliance
- Investigations for building, zoning and site complaints with enforcement actions as required
- Maintain records for building and property activity
- Provide assistance and property inquiries
Building permit applications are available from the front desk in the Community Development Office or on the FORMS tab under Document Library of the website. In addition to a completed application for each project there may be additional specific requirements needed to process permit applications.
Town of Milford
Office of Community Development
1 Union Square, Milford NH 03055
(603) 249-0620 | (603) 673-2273 Fax
Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm