Welcome to the Milford Assessing Department on the Town's web site. There is a good deal of information here that should be of interest to citizens, real estate professionals, attorneys, appraisers, surveyors and others.
The mission of the Milford Assessing Department is to identify and list all properties within the town for the purposes of taxation, with impartiality, fairness, equity and transparency, and in compliance with all State of New Hampshire Statues and Rules.
Property Record Cards current as of the last tax billing, is now available through: http://www.vgsi.com/vision/Applications/ParcelData/NH/Home.aspx For mapping inforamtion please click on Tax Maps listed below.
The Department is responsible for the following services:
- Appraise and assess all real estate located in the Town
- Defend the assessed values at the local level and before the Board of Tax and Land Appeals or Superior Court
- Maintain Property Record Cards
- Administer the Current Use Program
- Administer all Tax Exemption/Credit programs
- Administer the Timber and Gravel Tax programs
- Maintain standards of professional practice through educational programs and periodic re-certification by state and national organizations
- Provide assessing data to taxpayers and local real estate professionals, etc
- Provide media records for all public requests
- Updates to Tax Maps