Located on the east side of Nashua Street between Shepard and Linden streets, this park is mainly an athletic area. It has a 60' baseball field (built by the Rotary and dedicated as the Hugo Trentini Memorial Park in June, 1961), a baseball practice field, and a playground. It is also the site of the Scout House, managed by the American Legion for use by the Boy Scouts of America and Cub Scouts of Troop 4.
Most of this land was donated to the town in 1898 as a site for a school and playground. With the bequeath of an additional piece of land in 1899 by Andrew Shepard adjacent to the original parcel, a public park was created. The park was named, at the donor's request, after his great grandfather, John Shepard, who in 1791 built Milford's first sawmill and gristmill.