- What expenses can the Town assist me with?
- What else does welfare do?
- Is Fuel Assistance available from Milford Welfare?
- Does Milford Welfare pay security deposits?
- How do I apply if I am disabled?
- Does the Milford Welfare office have handicapped access?
- I am not a Milford resident, can I still apply?
- I do not speak English well, do you have interpreters?
- Can I apply over the phone or the internet?
- I received help from Milford Welfare in the past, do I have to reapply?
- Does Milford offer emergency shelter if I am homeless?
Rent - need demand for rent or notice to quit from landlord; 1st month's rent
Utilities (electric, heat)
Certain requirements must be met
Client needs to provide a current doctor's prescription
Client is responsible in obtaining pricing from a participating pharmacy
In addition to providing financial assistance, the following are common referrals which are made as a result of coming to the Welfare Department:
- Counseling-Individual and Family
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- Domestic Violence Advocacy
- Homeless Outreach and Case Management
- Assistance in completing forms to apply for other services
- Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs
- Budget Counseling
- State Welfare: food stamps, child care, child support, cash assistance, Medicaid/Healthy Kids, unemployment, employment
- Social Security
- Host Homes
No, Fuel Assistance is administered by Southern NH Services.
No, The Town may assist with first month's rent to qualified applicants.
Call to make an appointment and suitable arrangements will be made
In New Hampshire each town (city) has their own Welfare Department for their residents. You will be referred to the town of your residency.
Arrangements will be made to the best of our ability. Often times family members may accompany a client at their appointment.
No, Applications must be delivered in person at a scheduled appointment.
Yes, Each time assistance is requested, an appointment must be made and an application reviewed.
Milford residents are referred to shelters throughout New Hampshire (usually Nashua Soup Kitchen & Shelter).