As part of our everyday effort to deliver reliable energy to our customers and communities, we will be conducting maintenance work on existing transmission structures in Milford. This work includes the replacement of select existing wooden structures and inspecting and installing grounding hardware on other existing wooden structures. Contractor crews from Michels Corporation, Supreme Industries, and Haverfield Aviation will be working within the Eversource right-of-way in Milford near Ponemah Hill Road, Federal Hill Road, Colburn Road, Route 13 and Mile Slip Road. Project Details below:
1. Grounding Project:
Phase 1(Helicopter Work):
- Inspect the existing wooden structures and install ground wires via helicopter.
- Begins late March and is expected to be complete by end of Spring 2018.
- Helicopter Information: Black, MD 500, Tail Number: N4265J
- Install ground rings around the base of the existing wood structure with the use of a small excavator.
- Begins in Spring 2018 and is expected to be complete by Summer 2018.
2. Structure Replacements:
- Replacement of 14 structures within the Eversource right-of-way between Ponemah Hill Road, Federal Hill Road, Colburn Road, Route 13 and Mile Slip Road.
- Work to begin in May 2018 and continue through Fall 2018. Restoration work to follow, weather permitting.
- Project complete December 2018.
Work will take place Monday through Friday, and Saturdays if necessary. Due to weather or other unexpected circumstances, from time to time the crews may need to work longer hours or work on Sunday.
Eversource Siting and Construction Services Information Line: 1-888-926-5334