Town Hall Reduces Public Access Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020 (Until Further Notice)



We continue to actively monitor the COVID-19 situation. The Town is committed to the continued health and safety of our residents as well as our staff, and we intend to do our part to “flatten the curve” of the COVID-19 pandemic. To that end, in consultation with our Emergency Management Director, we have decided that effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, Town Hall will be closed to the public until further notice.

However, we will still be working to serve the residents of Milford.  Most of the transactions for our residents can be done online or arranged via phone, email, or drop box. Resident questions can and will be answered via phone or email. And as a last resort, you may schedule an appointment in Town Hall with the appropriate Town personnel to complete your transaction. Our Town Hall employees will be working both remotely and on-site and we will continue to be at your service.

FIRE, POLICE, DPW AND AMBULANCE: Of course, our incredible Police, Fire, DPW, and Ambulance Departments will continue to serve the residents of our Town on a “business as usual” basis; however, we ask that you please keep all non-emergency calls to a minimum so that they may devote their time to those residents in need of emergency services.  If you have non- emergency COVID-19 related questions, please call 2-1-1 (a state hotline manned 24/7 specifically for such questions).

PUBLIC MEETINGS: The Board of Selectmen meetings on March 23 notwithstanding, all Town committee meetings in March are postponed.  More information will be forthcoming about meetings in April and beyond.

Finally, rest assured that we will be monitoring all local developments related to COVID-19, and as your Town officials, we are committed to timely and ongoing communication about any and all changes to our operating status as well as any recommendations to the public from public health and other government officials.


WEBSITE: The Town website address is, and we encourage you to visit the website frequently for new information and updates.

TOWN HALL MAILING ADDRESS: Should you need to mail anything to Town Hall, the address is as follows: (Specify which Department, if possible)

       Milford Town Hall
       1 Union Square
       Milford, NH 03055

DROP BOXES: At the front entrance (Nashua Street,) there is a secure, black mailbox where you may drop off checks (NO CASH) or other paperwork. Should your paperwork not fit, please refer to the list of contacts below to make alternative arrangements.


TRANSACTIONS: The following is a list of the transactions most often performed for our residents in Town Hall, and directions as to how each may be accomplished until we return to full operating status:

  • Motor vehicle renewals: Dog licensing renewal and vital record requests can be done online.
  • New Motor Vehicle Registration and title transfers of a newly purchased vehicle: We are working to establish an appointment process for NEW registrations, titles and transfers; we will make information regarding the logistics for this process available later this week.
  • Registration of new dogs:  Call the office at 603-249-0650 and we can register the dog over the phone with payment and mail license to you.
  • Boat licensing:  Renewals and registration of new boats by appointment only (contact Town Clerk Joan Dargie)
  • Voter Registration: Contact Town Clerk Joan Dargie by email or 603-249-0650.
  • Birth Cottage Births:  To complete birth certificates, please call the Town Clerk’s office to set up an appointment.  We will meet you at your car.  No need to bring the newborn into the building.  603-249-0650
  • Marriage Licenses:  Please call 603-249-0650 for an appointment to come in to apply for the license.  We will give you instructions on how to apply.
  • Recreation Department Activities:  Contact the Recreation Department at 249-0625 or Click here to send an email.
  • Tax Collector Payments:  You can pay them online or Contact the Tax Collector at 249-0655
  • Tax Assessing: Contact the Assessor at 249-0615
  • Intents to Cut and Intents to Excavate: Can be mailed or scanned and emailed through this link.
  • Verification of Owners on Abutters List: Already created abutters lists can be emailed for ownership verification through email via this link.
  • Home and Building Inspections: If construction is proceeding, inspections will continue. Please contact Jamie Ramsay via email or 249-0620.
  • Building permits: Permit applications are available on the Town website and will be accepted via email or mail.  If you need to drop off plans or applications, please contact 249-0620 to make arrangements. Payments are to be made by check only.
  • Building plan reviews: Will be accepted via email or mail. If necessary, we will meet individuals by appointment only to go over plan questions; please contact 249-0620.
  • To file land use board submissions (including Planning Board, Zoning Board, Conservation Commission):  Please submit by email or mail.  If you need to drop off plans or applications, please contact 249-0620 to make arrangements. For questions involving submittals, please contact Lincoln Daley or Kellie Shamel. Payments are to be made by check only. 
  • Review property files, site plans, subdivision plans, etc.:  Please contact the Community Development Office at 249-0620 to arrange. 
  • GIS/map questions: Visit our website ( or contact Lincoln Daley.
  • Building Department questions: Building Inspector James Ramsay via email or 249-0620.
  • Planning Department questions: Town Planner Kellie Shamel via email or 249-0620.
  • Welfare Department (located in the SHARE building):  If you need to apply for assistance, please download the application at, gather the appropriate documents as specified in the application and call for an appointment or contact 249-0672 for information and resources.
  • Wadleigh Memorial Library:  Library staff will be available to assist you via telephone (603 249-0645) between 10am and 4pm Monday through Friday.  The Library will continue to be present to the community through its online resources at
  • Public Works:  Staff will continue on task for emergencies, service calls, daily operations, support of other departments and keeping our facilities safe and clean for our work force.  Transfer Station will remain open, changes may happen as this is a fluid situation with changes coming daily and our focus is to keep our employees and patrons safe.  If you have any questions please contact 249-0685.
  • Water Utilities questions:  If you have questions, call 249-0660 or visit the website at
  • Recreation Department:  All scheduled activities have been cancelled or postponed until further notice.  If you have questions, please call 249-0625.


Have a question for a particular department? Please call 249-0601 for assistance.
Of course, should you have a general question and you are not sure who to call, please contact our Administration officials as follows:

       Town Administrator John Shannon:, 249-0601.
       Executive Assistant Tina Philbrick:, 249-0601