The mission of the Department of Building Safety is to administer the Town's building codes, health ordinances and zoning regulations in a professional manner, with a positive attitude providing customer service to applicants seeking permits, inspections, and information; and assistance to other departments, boards and commissions.
Areas of service
- Issuance of permits for building construction and miscellaneous work
- Inspections for construction and miscellaneous work for compliance with building, zoning and site plan regulations
- Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Compliance
- Investigations for building, zoning and site complaints with enforcement actions as required
- Maintain records for building and property activity
- Provide assistance and property inquiries