The mission of the Department of Building Safety is to administer the International Building Codes adopted by the State of N.H. and the Town of Milford and zoning regulations in a professional manner, with a positive attitude providing customer service to applicants seeking permits, inspections, and information. The Department also provides technical assistance/guidance to other departments, boards and commissions.
Areas of service
- Issuance of permits for building construction and miscellaneous work
- Inspections for construction and miscellaneous work for compliance with building, zoning and site plan regulations
- Issuance of Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Compliance
- Investigations for building, zoning and site complaints with enforcement action as required
- Maintain records for building and property activity
- Provide assistance with property inquiries