Recycle Mixed Paper - Magazines, newspapers and inserts, phone books, junk mail, paper tubes, non-corrugated cardboard, printed cardboard, envelopes, clean food containers.
No foil, carbon or plastic coated paper, tissues or napkins
Clean Plastic Bottles - Empty and rinsed milk jugs, soft drink bottles, laundry and cleaning bottles, motor oil containers, Shampoo Bottles with lids and caps removed, All plastic bottles are recyclable if they have the following recycling symbols on the bottom: 1 PETE | 2 HDPE Bottles have a top opening narrower than the base.
- Note: #3 thru 7 inside the recycling symbol are NOT currently recyclable in our program.
- No plastic toys. No yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding or foam containers.
- Co-mingled Recyclables ( Plastic bottles and Metal cans) are deposited on shelf of recycling building.
Clean Glass Bottles - Empty and rinsed with lids and caps removed, place in hoppers at designated location.
Mixed Metals - Cast Iron, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, and other metals are recycled. Please consult office about appliances
- Metals cans: Aluminum and steel/tin cans emptied and rinsed, labels removed.
- Co-mingled Recyclables (Plastic bottles and Metal cans) are deposited on shelf of recycling building.
- No aerosol cans and No aluminum foil and food trays
Corrugated Cardboard and Brown Paper Bags - A separate compactor accepts Corrugated Cardboard - dry and flattened. Do not deposit styro-foam; wood, shiny cardboard, or wax-coated boxes.
- Brown Paper Bags - Clean and Dry, may be recycled in cardboard compactor.
Fluorescent Light Bulbs, Household Batteries, Computer Cartridges, Cell Phones, and Eye Glasses -
Please place in designated boxes near Cardboard recycling.
Composting - Recycle leaves, garden vegetables, grass clippings, and coffee grounds at designated location. Empty out all bags.
- Woody Brush less than 5" in diameter is accepted and converted to wood chips.
- Finished compost available FREE for taking.
- Wood chips are FREE for residents to take.
Textiles - Recycle CLEAN, DRY Fabrics: anything that can touch your body:
clothing, shoes, belts, towels, sheets, blankets, purses, and more
Place in the bins marked TEXTILES next to the Still Good shed. It need not be wearable to be recycled.
Books - Text books, encylopedias and other books not likely to be put into reading circulation.
Go into the large bin marked BOOKS outside the Still Good Shed.